Friday, January 23, 2009

Target

Well I went to Target today to take advantage of those great freebies I have seen posted around. Alas apparently not all Targets are created equal. None of the items were on sale as posted or my store didn't even carry them!

I refused to give up though. I found Special K Bars 6ct(Blueberry flavored only at my store) Price Cut to 2.54. (The scanner was scanning them at 2.99 so be sure to pay attention on how things scan at the register!!!). With the Special K deal in mind from this post (and using the Q's linked there) I did the following:

6 boxes of Special K Bars marked to 2.54
- 3.00/3 x 2
-1.00 x 6

Total- 18.12
Saved- 14.70
Used GC- 3.42
Spent- 0.00

Even if I didn't have the GC (from a previous Target deal where you got a $5 GC for purchasing specific items) I would have done this deal. .54 a box is an excellent price!

Still need to go to Walgreens tomorrow to do the Orajel deal, but other than that I didn't see a ton of stuff in the grocery store ads to buy this week. Mainly gonna be using up stockpile items I think.

The basic point of this post is that not every deal will go as planned. Some, like the one today, won't be anything at all like you planned! But don't give up and you can still get a good deal during that shopping trip or on the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment