Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Forgot to get papers!

Since I was sick this weekend I slept in on Sunday morning. I woke up around 8am to Hubbie and the Little One heading out to go fishing. Hubbie said he would stop and get a couple of papers for me. (They sell out QUICK around here on Sundays!). I stumble back to bed for a bit since I had the house to myself! Around 11am I get a phone call and Hubbie tells me he forgot to get them earlier and should he try now. I knew there wouldn't be any that late so I figured I was just out of luck. Then I came across this post about someone ordering WHOLE INSERTS! HOW COOL!!!

So I check out the link she has and found that I could order 2 of each insert for 5.87 which includes shipping. Now I know that is more than if I had bought the papers but how NICE is it to have someplace to be able to get them if you forget like I did.

And actually I look at it as FREE because I joined YouData a few months ago and since they have been depositing the amounts I earn for simply clicking on ads targeted to me into my PayPal account, I had enough to cover the cost!

So it turned out ok in the end. I know alot of people use CouponClippers to buy coupons but it is nice to find another resource and one that sells the whole inserts is very cool!

3 comments:

  1. Instead of just buying our local paper last Sunday, I also picked up the Raleigh paper just to see if there where more or different coupons. Sure enough, the Raleigh paper had 2 inserts to our 1. Think I'll start doing that every week. It was worth the $3 Sunday. Have a great week!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon- Yes I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS buy the Raleigh paper. The Greenville one is not worth the cost as their coupon inserts are ALWAYS about 1/3 to 1/4 of what the Raleigh one has. Unless you get the paper just to read or have a subscription I would skip it and just buy the N&O on Sundays.

    HeatherMama- You go to the link, set up your little account. Then they actually have a little bar thing on that site that will show ads you need to view. You click to *reveal*. This opens all of the ads and pays a little just for doing that. When you click on each little ad link (which just opens the website for that company) it adds the rest of the money to your total. Each Friday they pay to your PayPal account. I have made over 7.00 in about 6 weeks or so and since most of the couponclipping services accept PayPal I decided to just leave the money in PayPal to cover any buying I wanted to do!

    ReplyDelete