Friday, February 13, 2009

I think I might have found a new love

Lowes Foods. I guess I had not really given it a chance before. Their prices overall seemed so much higher than everyone else. But after today I may have found a new store.

I went in to take advantage of the 11 hour sale today. I had decided that to reach the $25 mark needed I would get the 1.99lb chicken breasts and the 1.19lb chicken thighs. But... They were sold out!!! There was nothing else I needed enough of to get to $25. The nice meat man said he would have more in tomorrow. But I want my CHEAP Frosted Flakes and Pepsi's I cried. I went to customer service to see if there was anything they could do. She called the manager who quickly said to give me a substitute item at the sale price!!! So the meat man was more than happy to give me the substitution.

I checked out and on the way out I saw the store manager. I stopped and chatted with him for a few minutes. I told him how happy I was that they had been willing, even happy, to substitute the chicken for me so I could get the 11 hour sale deals. I also told him how unhappy I had been with Kroger lately because of their silly coupon bi-polar ever-changing policy and the HORRIBLE customer service. He said they had done alot of research and had lowered and were continuing to lower their prices to beat Kroger. I told him that he would be seeing alot more of me if that were true because the customer service had been so wonderful in Lowes. I let him know that those little things really made a big difference to shoppers.

So Krogers, as much as I loved your deals, until you either get your act together or close your doors(and apparently this is a real possibility for our local store as their numbers are that bad) I will not be shopping there much.

Here is my trip today!

Lowes Foods-
2 4 Pack Chicken Thighs 50% off manager markdown! 3.70 total!
2 3 piece Beef Cube Steak 50% off manager markdown! 2.89 total!
10 cans LF Beef/Chicken Broth @ 2/$1
7.14 lbs Boneless Chicken Breasts 14.36
2 Ken's Marinades BOGO - $1/1 Q's
1 2ltr Pepsi .59
3 2ltr Diet Pepsi .59 each - $1/3 Instasave Q
2 Frosted Flakes .99 each - $1.50/2 Instasave Q - $1.50/2 Insert Q
7 LF Colas .77 each

Total- 76.99
Saved- 43.31
Spent- 33.68

Plus in the interest of truth telling, hubbie bought milk and some other misc items and lost the receipts so I am guessing maybe 10.00 or so. I will add that amount to my totals.

3 comments:

  1. I have found awesome deals at Lowes Foods in the past. I am hoping to get Lowes to start mailing me a flier so that I get it early enough in the week to post the coupon matchup. I have not been to Kroger since this whole mess started. Ken will probably regret issuing his own coupon policy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well as I said in the post, they are in real danger of getting closed. A friend I know spoke to Mr. Jeffries again and he basically said(although if they really beleive this no wonder they are in such bad shape!)that they have tracked all of the stores losses back to couponers. That we cost them too much money and that is why the limits have been setup. He said that his store is on the list of stores that will be closed if sales do not go up. So basically Mr Jeffries is not that smart if he really thinks that we are the reason and not the HORRIBLE CS they have in that store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleeeese! Does he really think that the .005% of coupon users that shop like we do are responsible for his store closing?? If that were the case then HT and Lowes Foods would be closing too.

    ReplyDelete