Monday, February 2, 2009

Baking day!

This week is a slow week for me workwise so I am gonna try to do some stuff I need to/want to do.
Today I am making Banana Bread. I love this stuff! I use my grandmother's recipe.

3 ripe bananas
1/2 cup butter (or margarine, just nothing low fat)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups of flour
1 tsp baking soda

1. Mash the bananas with the mixer in a seperate bowl.
2. Cream butter, sugar and eggs.
3. Add flour and soda, mix well. Will be super thick!
4. Add bananas and mix well. Will still be thick but pourable.

Bake at 350 for 65-70 mins for large loaf pan. Makes one large bread.
You can make two smaller loaves, baking for about 50 mins. I am sure you could also adapt cooking time for mini loaves and muffin sizes as well. I would start checking around 20 mins or so probably.

This also freezes really well. I am making 2 large loaves and then going to experiment with the muffins. I am slicing one loaf, wrapping each slice in saran wrap and placing in a freezer bag to freeze. If the muffins come out, I will wrap each of those and freeze as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment