Thursday, April 2, 2009

This may sound bad but...

I bought 84.00 worth of beer today.....

Let me explain! My husband does like to drink a beer or 3 on the weekends and will go out and just buy whatever is on *sale*. Sometimes this means paying $13-$14 a case for beer. I knew I could do better... So I have been watching and waiting and this week HT has a great deal. 18pack of Natural Light for 7.77. Now I know this is 6 beers short of a case but figuring the per 6 price of
2.59 multiplied by 4 would be 10.36. Still at least $2 cheaper than I have seen a case go on sale for in the last 2 months. So I stocked up just like I would do on any good deal! Now he has beer for at least 6 months and I don't have to worry about him spending up to twice as much!!!

Another deal I came across- If you need to buy cards for Easter or other occasions you might want to check HT. At my store they have a deal in the card area. Purchase 4 American Greetings cards (each card must be at least 1.99) and receive a free plant kit! The plant kit is priced to sell at $9.99. It is a hanging basket plant kit that contains everything from the basket to the seeds and moss. There were 2 kinds to choose from, a strawberry plant and a flower basket with multiple types of flowers in it. My little one chose the flowers. So for 7.96 I got 2 birthday cards I needed and 1 Easter card and my little one picked out a card that she wouldn't let me see. (Her birthday is tomorrow, my nieces is the 7th, mine is the 9th and my Dad's is the 12th!) and one neat project for us to do! Not a bad deal! (And if you can get the Strawberry one it might be even better as you will get free Fruit!! LOL)

Harris Teeter-

10 18 pack of Natural Light @ 7.77 each
2 HT Colas @ .87
4 American Greetings Cards @ 1.99 each
1 Basket kit @9.99 FREE w/card purchase
2 HT Loaves of Bread @ .97 each
1 HT Syrup @ 1.97
4 Sargento Shredded Cheese BOGO - .55/1 Wine Tag Q x 2 and .40/2 Insert Q x 1
*the shredded Parmsean cheese is included in the BOGO!!! Great price for that!!

Total- 123.08
Saved- 20.73
Spent- 102.35

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I am a newspaper reporter and wanted to see if I could interview you for an article?

    ReplyDelete