Thursday, June 18, 2009

So lazy!!!!

OMG we are being so lazy and it makes me forget to post about what little shopping I am doing!!! I had a quick trip last Sunday to Walgreens to use up my last $10 RR but that has been it!

I am only able to do this because of our huge stockpile. I am really going to be in maintenance only mode. And now it seems the stores are changing their policies/enforcing the current ones to the point that the deals are kinda slim right now. I am not complaining as I have said all along that it seemed really silly for the stores to literally pay me to shop. And there are still good deals to be found it is just that we are so stocked up on most stuff that I can be a little more choosy on the deals I am going to do.

Also received my $25 Target GC from this deal and my $8 Orajel Rebate.

Anyway, here is the Walgreens trip so I can add it to my totals.

1 Gallon Milk 3.19
6 Hefty 1 Zip storage bags (3 quart and 3 gallon) BOGO with in store ad - $1/1 Insert Q and Blinkies x 6
1 St Ives Body Wash 2.99 receive 3.00 RR
-$10 RR

Total- 27.28
Saved- 26.27
Spent- 1.01
*Received $3 RR

4 comments:

  1. Have I ever told you that our Wags will not issue RR if you have used any coupons to purchase the item that is supposed to generate the RR? So between that and the fact that they no longer have a rebate program I really don't shop at our local Wags any longer. Sigh....
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?!?!?! They are making that up. When that happens, call the Catalina Marketing company , have your recipt handy, they will ask for info from the receipt, pull up the transaction (they can see it) and verify you purchased the correct items and then mail you the RR. Also, tell your Walgreens they are incorrect when they tell you that and tell them to check their machine. I hate when they use that old lie, it makes me soooo MAD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I talked to my Wags manager a few days ago and she claims it's a nationwide policy. I told her that I know people in other parts of the country don't have any problems using coupons and receiving RR's. She then said, well maybe it's just a statewide policy. I told her that I "know" someone in Greenville who doesn't have any problems - she didn't have any answers for that. I may try calling the Catalina company and see what happens. Thanks for the advice.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well then ask her to explain why the ads tend to have the little *Check your local paper for coupons* thingies on them when they are also RR deals??? LOL She is making it up because typically they don't know and hate coupons/couponers anyway so they want to keep us from using them. Call the Catalina Company and they will mail it to you. Make me so mad when they do this!! LOL

    ReplyDelete